OVERVIEWThis outstanding tour to largest & deepest lake into the cordillera Blanca, it is lies at 4200m, on glacier valley of paron at foot of huge summits: Artezon Raju, Huandoy, Chacraraju, Caraz, & Aguja, which are feeding with chill water. It is ideal hike for acclimatization where we will be able to take scenic pictures about the most spectacular panoramic views, it has been considered the biggest reservoir of fresh water in the cordillera Blanca as well. This tour is ideal for aclimatization day or for clicking stuning scenic photos.
Preferred Time All Year
Duration Full Day
Kind Service Private
Day 01 Huaraz – caraz town – Lake paron - Huaraz
We had a wonderful & knowledgeable guide, who demonstrated professional competence in making our tours a great success. The trip to laguna paron was long (winding gravel road) but the place was stunning, the served lunch was great, as was the view, showed some personal touch. Thank you so much, for the best lasting memories. Definitely we will come back for the next tours with IT. Aaron & Chester/ Philippines
ITINERARYPicturesque & scenic guided hike to Lake Paron
Breakfast 6:00 am departure 7:00 a.m/ trip length: Around 9 hours
After your breakfast we will pick up you at your hotel with our private transportation then we will drive to the north of Huaraz on paved way, along the rich callejon de huaylas valley, stopping at overwhelming view point of anta to focus the most impressive view of Andes, including the exiting western Peru’s the highest peak mount Huascaran at (22,2059ft)
After that we continuing driving until Caraz, from it we follow driving up toward the mountains on dirt road, as soon as we entrance to paron ravine the valley become by far narrow valley with huge granite rock walls in each side until reach lake paron, the glacier valley is full of ferns, bromeliads and orchids, and the Polylepis forest ( quenual trees) a typical vegetation of high altitude.
As soon as we arrive to the shores the lake, close to the mountain hut the super view of the lake comes into the view, the lake paron is located over the 4200m high with its 73 m of deep from the shores the lake until bottom or base. We usually offer a great option with walk upon to one of the most scenic view point to reach it we need to hike upon the faint path to the northern slope of mountain hut as soon as we get it the view of mountain scape around us is really extraordinary, where won’t be enough shooting innumerable memories. Then we hike down until the mountain hut, where we will enjoy having our tasty served lunch, watching the the super view in front us. Finally we take our private transportation to back to Huaraz.
PRICES & DATESAcclimatization hikes Rates for private groups 2022
Choose and book your adventure travel style & let us take you on it for a responsible & sustainable tourism:
April to December
We organize this version of day hike to laguna paron scenic view on private basis for groups of friends, families, adventure companies & tour leaders. With fully local guides assistance. Please feel completely free to get in touch with us to discuss the itinerary and your preferred dates to send you a quote, with no obligation.
Cost on base of:
- 1 participant USD $ 155
- 2 participants USD $ 95 per each one
- 3 participants USD $ 80 per each one
- 4 participants USD $ 70 per each one
- 5 participants USD $ 60 per each one
- 6 participants (+) USD $ 50 per each one
Backpacker service (USD $ 25 per person) inclusion: pick up from your hotel at begin of hike in the morning – just only if the hotel is located in the down town area, Round trip shared transportation in van or mini bus according the group size, professional guide in Spanish, the service end dropping – off at main square at late afternoon - not hotel,
Exclusion: snack & lunch during the hike, entry ticket fees of day hike to the Huacarán National Park (S/. 30 per person) Full First aid group kid, Canister of oxygen bottle, Additional service in Huaraz, Personal hike gear, Travel insurance assistance, Tip for the guide, Personal expenses & other extra expenses.
Note: backpacker option is for traveler, who are looking for a cheaper option; large group (15 - 30 people) departures can be booked with ANDES ADVENTURE HOLIDAYS but these trips are organized and run by outside agencies in the down town. ANDES ADVENTURE HOLIDAYS cannot be held responsible for the organization and aspects of that activity/excursion. These agencies do guarantee departures in shared service include just only one guide for the large group.
Additional info or Full trip dossier information available upon request & provided at the booking time
In the showed rate isn’t included the general Peruvian taxes (I.G.V)
Get Special discount for the groups more than 8 participants
We Are Ready To Make Your Dream a Reality
INCLUSIONSWhat’s included in the cost
- Huaraz bus station (meeting service) and Transfer from bus station - ho(s) tel – bus station (arrival & departure day)
- Private transportation for our day hike
- Bilingual official guide
- we consider Assistant guide with more than 5 clients
- Huascaran national park fees USD $ 10 per each one
- Healthy & fresh meals per day (snack & Hearty box lunch)
- Full First aid group kid
- Canister of oxygen bottle
- Booking fly or bus ticket to transfer from (lima – Huaraz – lima)
- Booking ho(s)tel to accommodation in Huaraz
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the stay in Huaraz
- Meal and beverages during the stay in Huaraz
- Bottled beverages
- Extra food in our trip
- Additional service in Huaraz
- Personal hike gear
- Travel insurance assistance
- Tips for the staff
- Personal expenses such as: Phone calls, access to internet cabins, laundry, etc.
- Other expenses no specified in this program
- Booking hotel for accommodation in Huaraz
- Booking bus ticket to travel (lima - Huaraz – lima)
- Additional tours, hikes , multi-day treks & climbing expeditions
WHY TRAVEL WITH USResponsible travel
Responsible travel practice is elemental in our each trip program. When you book one of our adventure pursuits, we will ensure that you practice a responsible & sustainable tourism on wild & remote areas protecting: the fragile ecosystem, tradition of local communities, natural environments and wildlife.
As a responsible travel we try to produce the most minimum impact as possible to the environment on the path where we walk, because we know clearly about the global warning and climate change that is the main reason that we have a responsibility as visitors to minimize the impact with our presence.
Tourism is one of the most important industries in the planet. It option to employs people around worldwide, obviously the Benefits is much more for people who live in developing countries where the income we provide can mean the difference between economic survival and poverty
The responsible way to your adventure mean:
PROTECTING & CONSERVING: natural mountain-scape, every natural resource, flora & fauna.
RESPECTING: local culture – traditions, religions and built heritage where you visit.
BENEFITTING: with your visit you will generate a job opportunities for local communities.
MINIMISING POLLUTION: taking-out our trash during the trek or climb expeditions all litter is remove to the city for it properly recycled. We use specified spots to put on our toilets tents at the camping areas to don’t pollute the water resource.
Please become part of this practicing a responsible & sustainable travel your challenge is important
When you book one of our tours, acclimatization hikes, multi-day treks, & climbing expeditions, you will receive currently information, quality services at the best prices with plenty of inclusions & exclusion cost. This trip offers exceptional value money, ensuring your holiday with affordable rate and guaranteeing with centrally good quality hotels, private transportations, official bilingual guides with international certification (UIMLA), (UIAGM) both organizations are internationally recognized, good varied and fresh food for adventure expeditions, all your national park entrance fees and permits included, no hidden cost, no surprises and no staff exploit.
As a 100% local qualified guides & tour operators our trip prices are based directly on Peruvian economy rates our cost structure is built up cost on cost because we directly manage and run all of our trips, beside promoting the local employ, personal qualified people, providing a job opportunity with that improving their economy and their quality of life and even we encourage hardly the fair wage, because we work very transparent & the most honest possible
Custom Made Itineraries
You should absolutely feel free to build your own trip program according your preference & necessity just only let us to help with our experience to make an itinerary day a day just for you, giving you complete freedom to choose what you want to see, where you want to go, when you want to do it, How you can enjoy it with better health. Adjust an existing itinerary & ensuring that you develop a responsible and sustainable tourism.
Small Group is good
We are focused organizing for small groups to provide top-notch service in: tours, hikes, multi-day treks & climbing expeditions to live life time experience for adventure lovers, while your guide & support crew are attentive to ensuring your travels are supportive and full safety.
No Single Supplements
If you are joining in one of our adventure expeditions as a single person, we’ll match you with another traveler of the same gender and you won’t be charged anything extra for the vast majority of our trips. If you however want a guaranteed single occupancy or tent, we can also arrange that for at a small extra charge.
Exploring cordillera blanca
Indubitably cordillera Blanca provides some of the most astonishing landscape in the world, varied tours, acclimatization hikes, multi-day treks & climbing expeditions. This is Peru’s best-known mountain region, only 100km from the Pacific Ocean, we find within this 185 km long from south to north the greatest concentration of tropical zone glaciers on earth and it has 722 glaciers for survival 30 peaks of them are over the 6000m high, crowned by Peru’s highest peak Huascaran (6768m), and the most beautiful peak in the world “Mount Alpamayo” is lies hire as well.
Cordillera Blanca provides gorgeous views of sparkling glaciers, multicolored glacier lakes; turquoise and pristine lagoons & vertical granite rock walls rise thousands of meters into the sky, water falls, and cascades with incredible view, (a number of high passes), green lush valleys, magnificent vistas of summits over 6,000 m, cascading glaciers, wondrous alpine meadows, fragile ecosystems, going explore is really good chance to Enjoy the sptacles of the nature to Click stunning photos.
We Are Ready To Make Your Dream a Reality
WHAT TO BRING
- Hiking boots or hiking shoes: These are the boots you will wear on the day hike. For example a B0 is advisable.
- A couple of fast drying base-layer tops (whatever material can be long sleeve is advisable)
- Mid – layer (mid weight fleece or a synthetic insulation jacket (e.g primaloft)
- Down jacket is nice or a micro –down jacket (optional)
- A woolly hat and thermal gloves ( polar Tec)
- A light weight waterproof jacket, pants or over-trouser (Gore - Tex) are recommendable.
- Wind proof waist coat, jacket (optional)
- Short pants
- Sunglasses is essential
- At least pair of good quality hiking sock (liner sock can be to reduce abrasion and blister.
- Wear light/medium - weight trousers that allow the free movement and will dry quickly
- A good sun hat or synthetic is essential
- Neck gaiter or balaclava (wool or synthetic, mid-weight)
- 2 liters water bottle or camelback
- Good quality sun cream for using around the camp
- Lip balm
- Insect repellent
- Hiking steaks or trekking poles are useful a compact 3 section (leki or black diamond)
- Duffel bag or ruck with a carrying a capacity (around 60 - 70 liters) with padlock.
- A 25 – 35 liters day pack to carry spare clothing, snack, camera and water to drink during the day hike
- MP3 players, paperbacks.
- Mobile phones
- Should include: plasters, antiseptic, cream, sterile gauze and bandage, rehydration sachets, zinc oxide tape and anti-inflammatory painkillers such as ibuprofen or aspirin.
- Bring paracetamol, and acetazolamide or Diamox for treating mild symptoms of (AMS).
- Have loperamide is a good idea in case you get the runs
- Antibiotic such as: ciprofloxacin or Bactrim for bacterial stomach bugs.
- A small roll of adhesive tape, cough drops.
Personal medical kid