OVERVIEWThis awesome hike to the llaca lake Offer breath-taking view about: green lush llaca valley, abundant Peruvian endemic polilephis tree (queñual forest), tremendous view of western face of mount Ranrapalca at 6162m/20,217ft and incomparable view of ocsapalca to the valleys ahead, as soon as we reach the top of hill the view comes is ambrosial the lake to the bottom, ahead it huge moraine and incredible view of glacier melting, where the hiker will absolutely rewarded by the spectacles of the nature.
Length Full Day Hike
Altitude Max: 4475m/14,678 ft.
Time 2 – 3 hours walk
Huaraz – llaca bridge 4200m – llaca Lake at 4474m – llaca refuge – Huaraz.
Excellent day trip with Andes Adventure Holidays, good & comfortable private transportation, extensive knowledge of guide, fredy was helpful in suggesting other activities for my time in the Huaraz area. Bright, personable, good English. GEIR. NO
ITINERARYSuperb view to Llaca Valley & Ranrapalca glacier
Begin our day hike when we pick up with our private transportation from your hotel and we drive up to Llaca Valley heading Huaraz about 1:45 minutes driving by car; on the way up we will pass by mountain villages of marian and cachipampa, where the land is used for agriculture and grazing cattle, as soon as we turn the curve we entrance into llaca valley suddenly comes in to the view resplendent vista to the background an enormous snow-capped peak of mount ranrapalca, Where we stop to have the first chance to click panorama picture into the quenual forest.
then we continuing driving along the giant granite rock walls in each side, through the quenual forest, abundant lupines as well, and others Andean flowers & bushes until the bridge on the middle of the valley, from where we start walking up toward the lake llaca, at the first part of the path we will walk up on pleasant green lush valley, with gradual ascend, with fascinating view to the valley ahead.
As soon as we reach the top of the steep hill to be sure we will be rewarded by the nature with impressive and superb view to the bottom about green milked lake, head of it huge rock moraine, massif glacier field and stunning peaks hanging to the background peaks as: ranrapalca and ocsapalca, where we will be able to shooting the most incredible photos. Descend at the lakeside at 4475m; there we will take break to enjoy superb vista having lunch.
Descent will be traversing toward the mountain hut, where our private transportation is waiting us to back Huaraz.
PRICES & DATESAcclimatization hikes Rates for private groups 2020
Choose and book your adventure travel style & let us take you on it for a responsible & sustainable tourism:
April to December
We organize this version of day hike to laguna llaca on private basis for groups of friends, families, adventure companies & tour leaders. With fully local guides assistance. Please feel completely free to get in touch with us to discuss the itinerary and your preferred dates to send you a quote, with no obligation.
Cost on base of:
- 1 participant USD $ 120
- 2 participants USD $ 75 per each one
- 3 participants USD $ 68 per each one
- 4 participants USD $ 60 per each one
- 5 participants USD $ 55 per each one
- 6 participants USD $ 50 per each one
- 7 participants USD $ 48 per each one
- 8 participants (+) USD $ 45 per each one
Additional info or Full trip dossier information available upon request & provided at the booking time
In the showed rate isn’t included the general Peruvian taxes (I.G.V)
Get Special discount for the groups more than 8 participants
We Are Ready To Make Your Dream a Reality
INCLUSIONSWhat’s included in the cost
- Huaraz bus station (meeting service) and Transfer from bus station - ho(s) tel – bus station (arrival & departure day)
- Private transportation for our day hike
- Bilingual official guide
- we consider Assistant guide with more than 5 clients
- Huascaran national park fees USD $ 10 per each one
- Healthy & fresh meals per day (snack & Hearty box lunch)
- Full First aid group kid
- Canister of oxygen bottle
- Booking fly or bus ticket to transfer from (lima – Huaraz – lima)
- Booking ho(s)tel to accommodation in Huaraz
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the stay in Huaraz
- Meal and beverages during the stay in Huaraz
- Bottled beverages
- Extra food in our trip
- Additional service in Huaraz
- Personal hike gear
- Travel insurance assistance
- Tips for the staff
- Personal expenses such as: Phone calls, access to internet cabins, laundry, etc.
- Other expenses no specified in this program
- Booking hotel for accommodation in Huaraz
- Booking bus ticket to travel (lima - Huaraz – lima)
- Additional tours, hikes , multi-day treks & climbing expeditions
WHY TRAVEL WITH USResponsible travel
Responsible travel practice is elemental in our each trip program. When you book one of our adventure pursuits, we will ensure that you practice a responsible & sustainable tourism on wild & remote areas protecting: the fragile ecosystem, tradition of local communities, natural environments and wildlife.
As a responsible travel we try to produce the most minimum impact as possible to the environment on the path where we walk, because we know clearly about the global warning and climate change that is the main reason that we have a responsibility as visitors to minimize the impact with our presence.
Tourism is one of the most important industries in the planet. It option to employs people around worldwide, obviously the Benefits is much more for people who live in developing countries where the income we provide can mean the difference between economic survival and poverty
The responsible way to your adventure mean:
PROTECTING & CONSERVING: natural mountain-scape, every natural resource, flora & fauna.
RESPECTING: local culture – traditions, religions and built heritage where you visit.
BENEFITTING: with your visit you will generate a job opportunities for local communities.
MINIMISING POLLUTION: taking-out our trash during the trek or climb expeditions all litter is remove to the city for it properly recycled. We use specified spots to put on our toilets tents at the camping areas to don’t pollute the water resource.
Please become part of this practicing a responsible & sustainable travel your challenge is important
When you book one of our tours, acclimatization hikes, multi-day treks, & climbing expeditions, you will receive currently information, quality services at the best prices with plenty of inclusions & exclusion cost. This trip offers exceptional value money, ensuring your holiday with affordable rate and guaranteeing with centrally good quality hotels, private transportations, official bilingual guides with international certification (UIMLA), (UIAGM) both organizations are internationally recognized, good varied and fresh food for adventure expeditions, all your national park entrance fees and permits included, no hidden cost, no surprises and no staff exploit.
As a 100% local qualified guides & tour operators our trip prices are based directly on Peruvian economy rates our cost structure is built up cost on cost because we directly manage and run all of our trips, beside promoting the local employ, personal qualified people, providing a job opportunity with that improving their economy and their quality of life and even we encourage hardly the fair wage, because we work very transparent & the most honest possible
Custom Made Itineraries
You should absolutely feel free to build your own trip program according your preference & necessity just only let us to help with our experience to make an itinerary day a day just for you, giving you complete freedom to choose what you want to see, where you want to go, when you want to do it, How you can enjoy it with better health. Adjust an existing itinerary & ensuring that you develop a responsible and sustainable tourism.
Small Group is good
We are focused organizing for small groups to provide top-notch service in: tours, hikes, multi-day treks & climbing expeditions to live life time experience for adventure lovers, while your guide & support crew are attentive to ensuring your travels are supportive and full safety.
No Single Supplements
If you are joining in one of our adventure expeditions as a single person, we’ll match you with another traveler of the same gender and you won’t be charged anything extra for the vast majority of our trips. If you however want a guaranteed single occupancy or tent, we can also arrange that for at a small extra charge.
Exploring cordillera blanca
Indubitably cordillera Blanca provides some of the most astonishing landscape in the world, varied tours, acclimatization hikes, multi-day treks & climbing expeditions. This is Peru’s best-known mountain region, only 100km from the Pacific Ocean, we find within this 185 km long from south to north the greatest concentration of tropical zone glaciers on earth and it has 722 glaciers for survival 30 peaks of them are over the 6000m high, crowned by Peru’s highest peak Huascaran (6768m), and the most beautiful peak in the world “Mount Alpamayo” is lies hire as well.
Cordillera Blanca provides gorgeous views of sparkling glaciers, multicolored glacier lakes; turquoise and pristine lagoons & vertical granite rock walls rise thousands of meters into the sky, water falls, and cascades with incredible view, (a number of high passes), green lush valleys, magnificent vistas of summits over 6,000 m, cascading glaciers, wondrous alpine meadows, fragile ecosystems, going explore is really good chance to Enjoy the sptacles of the nature to Click stunning photos.
We Are Ready To Make Your Dream a Reality
WHAT TO BRING
- Hiking boots or hiking shoes: These are the boots you will wear on the day hike. For example a B0 is advisable.
- A couple of fast drying base-layer tops (whatever material can be long sleeve is advisable)
- Mid – layer (mid weight fleece or a synthetic insulation jacket (e.g primaloft)
- Down jacket is nice or a micro –down jacket (optional)
- A woolly hat and thermal gloves ( polar Tec)
- A light weight waterproof jacket, pants or over-trouser (Gore - Tex) are recommendable.
- Wind proof waist coat, jacket (optional)
- Short pants
- Sunglasses is essential
- At least pair of good quality hiking sock (liner sock can be to reduce abrasion and blister.
- Wear light/medium - weight trousers that allow the free movement and will dry quickly
- A good sun hat or synthetic is essential
- Neck gaiter or balaclava (wool or synthetic, mid-weight)
- 2 liters water bottle or camelback
- Good quality sun cream for using around the camp
- Lip balm
- Insect repellent
- Hiking steaks or trekking poles are useful a compact 3 section (leki or black diamond)
- Duffel bag or ruck with a carrying a capacity (around 60 - 70 liters) with padlock.
- A 25 – 35 liters day pack to carry spare clothing, snack, camera and water to drink during the day hike
- MP3 players, paperbacks.
- Mobile phones
- Should include: plasters, antiseptic, cream, sterile gauze and bandage, rehydration sachets, zinc oxide tape and anti-inflammatory painkillers such as ibuprofen or aspirin.
- Bring paracetamol, and acetazolamide or Diamox for treating mild symptoms of (AMS).
- Have loperamide is a good idea in case you get the runs
- Antibiotic such as: ciprofloxacin or Bactrim for bacterial stomach bugs.
- A small roll of adhesive tape, cough drops.
Personal medical kid